Friday, September 26, 2014

My new collar






Clyde and I hit a rough patch over the summer regarding our dynamic. There wasn't much consistency and it left me feeling slightly rebellious and bratty and above all..... confused. We had many conversations about what was happening and how to get back on track. I think we both had different ideas about which direction to go. It was important to both of us for me to step back and let him lead us in the way he chooses.

I am proud to say that since I have done that, he has stepped up in a major way. He is leading our family down a path that feels very meant to be.

He is in control and I couldn't be happier.

We recently celebrated our 15 the wedding anniversary so it was a very sweet moment when he presented me with my new collar that he placed on my neck. We talked about what it meant to each of us and pledged our commitment to each other and our dynamic.

I'm not sure where this journey will take us next but I know that I have never felt more complete and more loved than I do having his collar around my neck. I feel very honored to wear this and know that I am owned by a man who loves me with all his being. Its a wonderful feeling that I will always treasure.

I find myself at different points throughout the day touching my collar and it centers me and bring a peace to my heart that is indescribable.

Its safe to say that we are back to where we want to be and having fun once again.

11 comments:

  1. So good to hear that he is taking charge and presented you with a new collar. Will be interesting to see what he plans next.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new collar, and on your anniversary! It appears the summer was rough for a lot of us, but thank goodness you're back on track :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you River. Must have been the heat getting to us. Lol

      xo

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the collar, anniversary and being where you want to be... on track.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Del. We are in a really good place.

      xo

      Delete
  4. I can hear the happiness in this post! Happy Anniversary and beautiful new collar!
    XOXO Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I kind of want to shout it from the rooftops. Lol He makes me a very happy girl. Thanks Pearl!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on you anniversary and on the beautiful new collar. It's such a wonderful feeling isn't it?:) I too wear a collar and I love it. There isn't much happening on the ttwd front here, but wearing the collar has remained a constant.

    I'm sorry you had a rough time over summer and am so glad to hear you are now back to where you both want to be and to what feels right.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful feeling! I love that you wear a collar as a sign of commitment regardless of what may or may not be happening. Good for you Roz!

      Hugs

      Delete
  6. Hi Bonnie, congratulations on your anniversary and on your new collar. It is beautiful, and even more so because it has such a lovely symbolic meaning for you and Clyde. I am glad that you two are so much on the same page and your connection must have become stronger after this summer.
    Maybe I have watched too many love movies lately, but it sounds awesome, troubled times first, reconnection, your collar as a symbol of your husband's love, ... you got me dreaming! :-)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well when you put it like that it does seem very magical! Anytime we can go through a rocky patch and come through it on the other side, it definitely strengthens the bond.

      Thanks Nina!

      Delete

I love meeting like minded people and making new friends. Please feel free to comment and leave your two cents.

Follow by Email