Friday, August 29, 2014

Out of the mouth of babes

Today I picked my youngest daughter up from school as soon as she got in the car she says..

Mom guess what!

What?

I'm getting arm pit hair!

(She lifts her arm to show me and I see a few tiny black dots emerging from the hair follicles. She's beyond excited.)

I see. That means your growing up.

Yeah, guess what else?

What?

I'm getting hair down there too. Wanna see?

No, sweetie. I'll take your word for it.

(She's quiet for a moment while I start driving. Clearly, she's thinking.)

Mom?

Yeah?

Do I have to shave it? Like you do?

(I'm trying my best to keep a straight face)

Well, I guess that's up to you but you need to wait several years before you're ready for that. Ok?

Ok.




I love having daughters. Now my question is how/ why did she discover that at school!

10 comments:

  1. lol - at least she didn't ask why you shave it!
    Having girls is scary sometimes, their bodies start to change at such young ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not sure what I would have said to that. Lol Its crazy how fast they grow and change.

      xo

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh Bonnie!! So funny that you wrote this. We are going through the same thing. And she asked me almost the same question except that she wants to shave it. "can I shave it off like you do mom"? I gave her the same answer. How funny:) Of course, she insists I lol every day to show me how much more there is. My children have no concept of privacy apparently...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad im not the only one. My daughters have no concept of privacy either. Well, at least when it comes to mom. I'm a little scared of the conversations we're going to have as she gets older. Ahhh!

      xo

      Delete
  3. Too cute. My daughter actually cornered me and showed me ! I had no clue what to say. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win. That would have been way worse. Lol

      xo

      Delete
  4. LoL Bonnie, I bet you had to work hard to keep a straight face. Nice answer :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough but I think I handled it well. :-)

      xo

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Susie. I tell ya this girl is heel on wheels. I never know whats going to come out of her mouth.

      Delete

I love meeting like minded people and making new friends. Please feel free to comment and leave your two cents.

Follow by Email