Friday, June 21, 2013

The story of us..... in a nut shell

I was 12 years old the first time I saw Clyde. I was at a football game with a friend. Just as the first half ended she pointed to a player on the field and said he was her new boyfriend. I watched as Clyde took off his helmet and grabbed a drink. I watched him as he talked to people. I watched him when he played. I watched him the rest of the game. I was being drawn to him and I have belonged to him since that day.


As time went on I got to know Clyde and we became friends. He was funny and cute and a total bad boy. They broke up after a couple of weeks but I continued to see him. He would walk me to my classes and we talked on the phone for hours everyday.  He was always around. I think I loved him even then.


When I was 15 he told me he was going to marry me and that we were going to have twins one day.  I absolutely wanted this to be true. I knew what we had was real even if no one else believed in us.

Did I mention he was a bad boy? Yeah real bad. No one wanted us to be together. My parents pushed and pushed and did everything they could to keep us apart. They just didn't see what I saw in him.

When I was 16 he gave me a promise ring. We were a messy, loud and passionate couple. We fought like crazy because we were a couple of kids who had very real feelings and I sure didn't know how to handle them.

We broke up for 6months my senior year of high school. I can't even remember the reason now but I was miserable. We both dated other people but no one made me feel like Clyde does. He was all I could think about.

When we got back together we agreed never again. We got married after I graduated and right away I got pregnant with twins. That was a tough year. Probably the most challenging year we have ever had. We went on to have another daughter 4 years later.

Now its been almost 20 years since the first time I laid eyes on him. I love him more and more each day. He has become the most wonderful man and father to our girls. I'm grateful for everyday I have with him and never want to be without him.

I just want to be the only girl he loves all his life.

21 comments:

  1. Ok now there is four if us twin mommys :)

    Cute story, the real love at first sight. Thanks for sharing this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for twin mommy's! Its been surreal watching them grow up.IDK about yours but mine are two peas in a pod. They don't do anything without the other.

      I'm glad you enjoyed this :)

      Delete
  2. Love at first sight - wow and sweet.
    He told you to have twins and you obeyed! That is submission :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never looked at it that way but I'm not sure I had much choice in the matter. Lol

      Delete
  3. That is positively adorable! I'm so jealous :) What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! What a story!! I love it. It's nice to know a little background. There aren't many out there who have been together since she was 12! Thanks for sharing. Can I ask how much older is he than you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Sarah.

      You could take me anything. He is 1 year older than me.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading this and living each a and every minute of it!

    Love you babe,
    Clyde..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks Big Daddy. Here's to many more years together.

      Love you too!

      Delete
  6. This is so cute, and Clyde's comment made it even cuter. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenzie. I liked his comment too.

      Delete
  7. This was totally sweet and I loved that Clyde predicted that you would be married and have twins - what a lovely father to be! And isn't it awesome to be 20 years down the road and just as in love and happy as you'd hoped you'd be? Congratulations.

    :) Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cali. I'd say its been a pretty awesome ride!

      Delete
  8. So awesome. :) His comment is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Conina. His comment made me smile. So unexpected.

      Delete
  9. That's such a sweet story, *Bonnie*. Thank you for sharing it!

    Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Bonnie. He's pretty special and I'm one lucky girl!

      Delete
  10. So cute...and such a difficult journey growing up together I would imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh has been difficult at times but I wouldn't trade one minute of it. I often wonder what would happen if we had met later in life. Would we still have felt the same connection? I like to think so.

      Delete

I love meeting like minded people and making new friends. Please feel free to comment and leave your two cents.

Follow by Email